20.4.09

Throw Down Your Heart

I strongly recommend this:

Bela Fleck took a journey to Africa to trace the roots of the banjo and to jam with some damn fine musicians. He brought several of the folks he met and played with during his trip over to the States for a short tour. Well, Jason and I got to see Bela and The Africa Project perform the other night and Man-o-man how we dug that show! It was literally one of the greatest musical experiences of my life. We were grinning ear to ear the entire time. We felt so fortunate to witness some of the best musicians in the world on the stage together, jammin' their big, beautiful hearts out and then throwin' them down at our feet. A few days later, we got a chance to see the documentary. I was afraid that after seeing the live performance the documentary wouldn't compare. I was wrong. It was beautiful. While Bela doesn't say much with his mouth, his hands say it all. You could tell he was touched, scratch that, BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of the land, the people, and the music. We were, too. What a place Africa is; I can't even imagine the magic of being there. Someday, some fine day... Until then, you can bet I'll be dancing and throwing down my heart over and over again to the magic of this. 

1 comment:

jaximagination said...

I second the recommendation!