1.3.10

Random Cuteness: Post in which I use the words MOST AWESOMEST four times.


Would you like to see some random and adorable animals I've come across lately? You would? I was hoping you would say that.
(Click to enlarge, especially the little duck...he's looking right at the camera in the most adorable way.)

Here is a precious boy we met at St. Kilda Beach wearing the MOST AWESOMEST t-shirt ever. His most likely intoxicated father made him come ask me if I would take his picture. I was delighted! Him, not so much.


I'm not sure what this little guy's name is, but I think his feet are cute. He followed us for a bit on our walk around Albert Park Lake, but left when he realized we didn't have any food.


Jason and I walked home through the gardens the other night and saw about 20 of these precious possums, not to be confused with the Opossum of the Americas.


And the cutest little duck you ever did see in a sea of stars. (Actually, it was a dirty lake.)


And last but not least, the cutest animal I know, wearing the MOST AWESOMEST apron ever! given to him by his MOST AWESOMEST wife.


Now, go be your cutest and MOST AWESOMEST self.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm smiling. Yes, that duck photo enlarged is something! All those stars, and the glint in her little eye. Wow.

The cutest animal really is something, and that apron is completely charming. My nephew who lives in Sydney was telling me the history of Vegemite at Christmas time. I had no idea (nor do I remember any of it now). But I was impressed with the quality of the food in Australia's food industry, compared to say, some other countries we won't mention.

Speaking of that country and the opossum you mentioned, I have never quite felt fond of them here. So I'm glad your version is not that. He is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

ok, its time to just do it - its one of those questions i've never known the answer to but figured i've pretended to know too many times to ask now, but here is the moment of truth...my secret finally revealed for all the world to know...what the hell is a vegemite? i sing over and over the glorious down under song and the line of vegemite sandwich and never knew...

cindy said...

Those are the MOST AWESOMEST pictures! :)

lovely you said...

Hey anonymous, you're funny. Vegemite is a dark brown gummy paste made from yeast extract. You spread it onto bread and what-not. If you ask me, it is pretty disgusting--very salty and pasty. But the cool thing about it is that it makes use of used brewer's yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacturing. And with all the beer drinking that goes on in Oz, it's good that they're making use of something that would otherwise be waste. The other uncool thing about it, though, besides the taste is that it's made by Kraft, a crappy American company. Anyway, there's a little Vegemite 101 for ya.

(Even though Vegemite is gross, the vintage Vegemite apron is still way-cool.)

Anonymous said...

hey lovely...thanks for enlightening me...now i no longer have to pretend i know what i'm singing about...

* said...

Vegemite! This pic kills me!

Side note: Went on a UK tour last fall, ended up that more than 1/2 the tour group were Aussies, toting Vegemite no less! I'd never tried it...and then finally did at their coaxing. It tasted...vitaminy and...green. Something one must develop a taste for, I suppose? ;)

* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.