5.10.09

Gratitude

I recently had the pleasure of meeting this sweet face:


I am on a long walk. (I am often on a long walk.) I have no job, plus I like exploring the city. As I walk, camera dangling from my neck past a group of people hanging out on the sidewalk, I hear a man's voice behind me that says, "Hey, take my picture." This of course, is a dream come true for me because I love taking pictures of people, but usually have a lack of willing subjects.


 Now the others in the group are catching on, and they all start hollering at me, "Over here. Take my picture!!" Seriously, they are really into it. And they are a bunch of characters...


Also, most of them are pretty intoxicated and quite entertaining. There is a great sense of community about them and a look in each of their eyes that says they've seen a lot in their lives. I find the joy and resilience and brotherhood amongst them inspiring.


I am grateful for the experience of meeting them, people I normally would have walked right past. It's got me thinking about all the strangers who could be friends and thankful for friends, no longer strangers.






How precious is she?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, these are beautiful. I am still catching up on your blogs ... I especially enjoyed your honeymoon one. I pulled it up again the other day just to let the song play. :) I don't know if you check your old email, but if it's still in use, I sent you a belated birthday email a bit ago. Thanks for sharing your talent with us, friend!

Unknown said...

I am thankful every Saturday morning when I get up early and the house is quiet, I come here and am blessed by the sights, sounds, and words you share with us. It's a great way to start the day. Thanks.

lovely you said...

You are welcome, and thank You.