20.12.09

Happy Anniversary Jack & Vera!


Jack & Vera are two of the coolest people I have ever met. I still remember quite vividly the first time I met them, three Christmases ago when they invited me into their home to share Christmas with their family and treated me as if I were already family. After that first night with Jason's family, I was almost as in love with his family as I was with him. That's the kind of people they are, salt of the earth. If you ask me, they represent thegoodinyou, the good in all of us. When Jack speaks, people listen and listen hard, if they know what's good for them. He is one of those rare men, respectable in every way. I refer to these types of men as Atticus Finches. You know, the kind of men who say things like this: "If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it." And Vera! Vera is everything a woman should be, strong and kind, graceful and humble, fiercely loyal and beautiful, with skin to die for. I refer to these kinds of women as Veras. And the way Jack & Vera love each other and treat each other with the utmost respect is truly an inspiring thing to behold! Jason and I are so fortunate to be witness to such strong marriages to model our own after. All this is to say, Jack & Vera, we love you and are so thankful for you! Happy Anniversary!


5 comments:

cindy said...

Amen! We love you also, Jack & Vera.
Happy 57th anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE Jack and Vera! If there is a Jack and Vera fan club, then I want to be a member! Happy Anniversary to you both. I miss you both!

:) amanda

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mom and Dad, Tracy says it pefectly! You are the perfect couple and the BEST parents, grandparents, and friends. Happy year 58! Love, Jay and Barbra

Anonymous said...

Very well said Tracy. I feel like the luckiest daughter-in-law in the whole world! I thought it was #56 but maybe it's 57 or 58, I'm not sure now. They will have to straighten that out for us. Love, Sandy

Anonymous said...

What GREAT GREAT tributes and comments. IT IS 57!!!!! Vera