25.1.10

A Christmas Morning Sunset Sky/ Thank you to Mom & Dad & God for this Love.


So, here I am, just walking through my day, strolling through my life, like today is just today, big deal, la dee da! and God goes and sneaks in this sunset the way parents sneak in Santa's present while unsuspecting children sleep. I walk outside and all of a sudden, it's Christmas morning:





And then it's like, how can I ever rightfully say this life is lame after something like that? I mean, how could I ever say an unkind word without being a complete asshole? But I don't actually think God is trying to guilt me into being happy, nor do I think parents are trying to guilt their children into being good....well, maybe a little. But mostly, I think they're saying something closer to this: "Hey, little Johnny, you know how this little plastic train makes your eyes light up and puts a smile on your face and makes you think that life couldn't possibly get any better? Well, that's what you do for us. You couldn't possibly understand our Love for you, nor could we explain it, so we'll just give you this train for now and not even take the credit for it and watch you revel in its magic, with the hope that someday you will know that this is Love." Folks, I wish I could express to you how little I know, how much I am still that clueless little ungrateful child on Christmas morning with no idea how much my parents love me. But if there is one thing I know, it is that...


This:

is Love.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, this makes me think of the Christmas story you have about how Santa visited you and Chrissy at a gas station on your way to... Michigan (?). You still don't know how those presents got in the back of that car without you seeing...Tricky, sneaky, ole Santa workin' his magic.

I love those pictures. They are spectacular! Yes, life is good.

Ruth said...

It's a wonderful metaphor, Lovely.

You've been to Michigan?

Janet Jergins said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful day.