15.1.10

For Love and Chocolate: The Day I Turned Tween


I'm going to tell you about my exciting day yesterday, okay?

Well, first I went to check out the Docklands, which is an area of the city that I had yet to explore. So, I went to this cute little playground for the purpose of taking pictures for this wee video I later made using iMovie to showcase an awesome sculpture I had seen in passing on the tram the other day:

(Click on it to watch it on youtube. It's a little chopped off here.)

Cool beans, huh? So then, after much exploration and picture taking, I started a very long walk home. On Collins Street, in front of Lindt Chocolate, I came across this scene:


"What the heck are you people doing?" I ask.
"Roger Federer is inside!!" they exclaim.
I gasp.
Believe me when I tell you, I'm no celebrity stalker. Truly, I think it's pretty absurd to put people on a pedestal like that, especially just for being good-looking or rich or good at acting or sports or something. They're just people, you know. BUT for every rule there is an exception: male tennis players are the exception. There is just something indescribably sexy about a man playing tennis. Ever since I was a young girl I have had a series of crushes on male tennis players. First, it was Pete Sampras. Then, it was Patrick Rafter, followed by a very short-lived crush on Andy Roddick. (I'm sooooo over him.) Now, it's Roger Federer. When I see that sexy Swedish beast of a man sweating as he swooshes his racket, I swoon. I swoon, I tell you. So, when I realized that Roger Federer (who is in town for the upcoming Australian Open) was inside of the building I was standing outside of, my inner tween came alive.

It turns out, Roger Federer is an official global ambassador for Lindt, a Swiss company. So, alongside all the other schmucks I waited for the chance to catch a glimpse of a star. It was so very unlike me, which is one of the reasons I think I enjoyed it so much. There was a great sense of camaraderie and excitement in the air. People kept coming up, asking what all the fuss was about. The British man I was standing by and I had fun messing with people. "Arnold Schwarzenegger is inside!" "Paris Hilton is in there!" "Barack Obama is here buying chocolates for Malia, Sasha and Michelle! We swear!"
Hee. Hee. I also had a chat with this guy, who led me to believe he was Roger Federer's driver:


After some time had passed though, the whole event came to a very anti-climactic end when some official looking people came out to explain that Roger wasn't even inside anymore. He had slipped out the back! That sneaky, sexy Swedish bastard made a chump out of me! So, in the end, all I got was this lousy piece of Federer chocolate from a guy wearing make-up and a funny hat:


(Actually it was delicious and I was thrilled about it!) And furthermore, it was very much all worth it because I also got this:


a glimpse of Roger's head. Swoon.

(Who am I?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. Who are you?

The thing I love about this is that it is soooooo not like you. I am very sad I couldn't witness this, It would have been unbelievable and shocking and fun all rolled into one tortilla. Oh well. But seriously I really enjoyed reading this post. Way more than maybe I should have. It basically just made my day...or maybe even week.

Please do some more out of character Tracy things and then post them on here. I LOVE IT!

<3 manders

Ruth said...

That was fun, and I don't even know you yet. But I can sort of tell from your blog already that this wasn't something you would do. I did something like this a couple years ago when I was in London by myself for study abroad. First I waited 2 hours in line to get a ticket to "Guys & Dolls" with Ewan McGregor. Then I waited after the show out back in the alley with all the young fans to see him hop on his motor scooter and ride away! But he never showed either, and I had to walk all the way back to my dorm room.

I'm glad that wasn't Tom Cruise on that piece o' chocolate, which is what I thought when I first looked at all the pics.

That sculpture was wonderful, and you did a nice job videoing it.

Anonymous said...

Roger Federer is SWISS, from SWITZERLAND, not Swedish, from SWEDEN. And Lindt chocolate is Swiss too. A mistake only an American might make.