12.9.09

Not Cho' Pizza



I love pizza. If it were not unhealthy and expensive to do so, I would eat it everyday. (Which is why I eat it every other day.) Thankfully, and probably due at least in part to the fact that Italian Australians are one of the largest ethnic groups in Australia, there is no shortage of good pizza in Melbourne, though you have to know where to go. Not all pizzas are created equally. Apparently, a traditional Australian pizza has egg and bacon on it, but we haven't tried it. However, Jason and I have recently discovered the most genius pizza ever. It's brilliant for us because it brings together beautifully two of our favorite things: pizza and mexican food. It's not cho ordinary pizza, but then again, they don't offer many ordinary pizzas at Mojo's Weird Pizza, hence the name. I've had other mexican pizzas before, but none this good. So, they call it the Gringo, and with a salsa base, corn chips, cheese, spanish onion, fresh tomato, jalapenos, cream cheese, topped with sour cream and guacamole, it's basically nachos on pizza. And no, it clearly isn't the healthiest of meals, but who cares, just look at this deliciousness:


Anyway, kind of a random post, I know, but what can I say, I get excited about good food.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Making my mouth water thinking about that pizza.

Anonymous said...

YUM! I'm going to try and make my own, "not cho' pizza" it sounds awesome!

Missing you :)

Janet Jergins said...

Happy birthday, my dear Tracy.